I set myself the challenge of blogging everyday in January.
I made the decision on a recommendation from a book which I read whilst on holiday and I thought to myself ‘Yeah, I can do that, no problem….’ One of my goals for 2017 is to increase my personal brand awareness and spread my message to more people, so I thought this would be a good way of kicking the year off!
So what did a gain from doing it? Was it worth the effort?
My blog now has a lot of good content on it which I am proud of. There is a lot of variety, from recipes to workouts to lifestyle information on topics which i think my reader will find useful. I gained a lot of new views and hopefully reached more people with my message which in reality is the main reason I started a blog in the first place.
- It is a lot harder than I thought it would be. (Banging my head against the kitchen table one Saturday morning in the hope it would bring about some inspiration springs to mind at this point!!)
- When the pressure is on to come up with content I can do it.
- Sometimes inspiration comes from the strangest of places.
- People like to read and hear personal stories which are relatable to them.
- Raw words which haven’t been edited are sometimes the best thing which you can produce.
- Although people read and consumer information on my blog, they don’t necessarily comment or hit the like button. Either they are silent lurkers who do enjoy it, or they simply think it’s rubbish (I am hoping for the former.)
- I learnt how to get an embed video from Youtube on a post. (Mini fist pump moment.)
- If a blog post is shared on Facebook even a couple of times, the amount of views I get increases a lot.
- My blog was read by somebody in Bermuda.
- I need to improve my photography skills
- I still don’t have much of an idea of what I am doing.
I really enjoy writing and hope that it is having some impact, however small on somebody who takes the time to read what I publish.
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to read this post and any of my blog posts last month. It honestly means so much when I get comments back and further fuels that I think I am on the right path.
If there are any subjects which you want me to cover then please do not hesitate to let me know. I am sure if you have questions then other people will be in a similar boat!
Love Abi xxxx